How to make piano keyboard garland
After spotting this idea on Pinterest, I've been thinking about how I could make this piano keyboard garland myself. Here's what I figured out after some experimenting. You could use this at your recital or make the garland at a summer camp. (FYI: I am NOT a crafter so this project has taken me by complete surprise and it's been SO much fun!)
Black and white card-stock quality paper (I bought these packs at Target.)
Basic white string
1) Cut white paper into 1"x strips.
Cut 8.5 X 11 in paper in half.
Cut 1/2 inch off of each half.
Cut each half into 1" by 5 1/2" strips.
2) Cut black paper in 2 7/8' strips.
Cut each strip into 5/8" strips.
3) Punch two holes at the end of each black and white strip.
4) Wrap one end of string with tape.
5) Thread string through holes as shown in video and picture below.
6) Wrap one end of string with tape.
7) Thread string through holes as picture below.
Watch the video to see the crafting in action.
Let me know if you find this craft as therapeutic as I do!
And, how do you plan to use the garland in your studio?
Happy threading :-)