Tips for the iPad Piano Teacher
There's a pile of small things that need a little clarification or an update. In my typical fashion here's a list: Book Signing:
Karen Gibson is the first teacher to be featured in "The iPad Piano Teacher" series found at iPadPianoStudio.com. You'll learn about her adventuresome endeavors and get a peek at how she integrates the iPad into her studio. Bonus: she mentions two apps that you'll want to add to your stash!
Karen has graciously offered 5 free subscriptions to her recently released and hip Apple Newsstand Magazine called the The Piano Mag Blog. Don't miss it as it is loaded with excellent information and tips (as noted in my recent blog.) To enter, read her exclusive interview at iPadpianostudio.com and leave an answer to the question found at the end of the post in the comment section.
The iPad Piano Studio Book Details:
1) If you pre-ordered you copy of The iPad Piano Studio you still need to order and pay for your reserved copy using the discount code included on the postcard or email sent to you. Lost the code? Please contact me. Order now by clicking here.
2) To protect the book from being shared without purchasing, Tom Folenta created the Digital Book Cloud. This allows you to read the digital version on your iPad BUT the book is streamed from the "cloud" meaning you must have a Wi-Fi connection in order to read the book on your device. As you may not wish to visit the website every time you curl up with your iPad to read, here's a video about how to make the book easily accessible on your iPad.
3) Just in case you are new to QR (Quick Response) codes, here's a video on how they work. You'll want to download a free app such as Red Laser to view the videos in the book.
4) Remember the QR code is also an efficient way to find the blog at iPadPianoStudio.com. I'm SO excited about offering this blog dedicated solely to apps, highlighting favorites, interviewing developers and learning about how other teachers implement the iPad in their tech-savvy studios.
Upcoming posts at iPadPianoStudio.com:
2) an incredibly creative group project using Garage Band.
[contact-form][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='Website' type='url'/][contact-field label='Comment' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]